Be a Catalyst for Change: Become a Unified Sports® Partner
There is no better way to combine a love of sports and Special Olympics than by becoming a Unified Sports partner! Unified partners (individuals without intellectual disabilities) train and compete as a teammate alongside Special Olympics athletes on a Unified Sports Team. Unified partners can be any age! Whether you are participating in a Young Athletes activity, on a Unified Champion Schools team, or on your Unified community team, you will experience an opportunity like no other.
UNIFIED SPORTS PARTNERS REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to attend Area and State Competitions
- Ability to commit to practices during the sport season
- Understanding of the Special Olympics Sports Rules
- Completion of the Unified Sports Partner Application for Participation
- Completion of the Class A Volunteer Registration Form
- Completion of the Protective Behaviors Training
- Completion of the General Session
Unified Sports teams come in all shapes and sizes depending on the sport. To find available Unified Sports opportunities in your area, contact your or the Director of Unified Champion Schools .
It is also recommended Unified Sports partners watch the Special Olympics Unified Sports® Educational Video and read the Principle of Meaningful Involvement Resource to understand their role as a Unified teammate. Please Contact Laura Kelly for more information.