The mission of Special Olympics Wyoming is to provide year-round sports training
and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy, and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
SPECIAL OLYMPICS PHILOSOPHY
Special Olympics is founded on the belief that people with intellectual disabilities can, with proper instruction and encouragement, learn, enjoy and benefit from participation in individual and team sports, adapted as necessary to meet the needs of those with special intellectual and physical limitations.
Special Olympics believes that consistent training is indispensable to the development of an individual’s sports skills. In addition, competition among those of equal abilities is the most appropriate means of testing these skills, measuring progress, and providing incentives for personal growth.
SPECIAL OLYMPICS WYOMING VISION
Create the opportunity for challenge and personal triumph for athletes,
their families, volunteers, and our communities.
SPECIAL OLYMPICS WYOMING VALUES
• Respect: Treating all of our stakeholders with integrity.
• Diversity: It takes a whole community to make us successful and strong.
• Communications: Free, open, and honest communications with all that we do.
• Trust: Acting with integrity to engender trust.
• Service: Putting the needs of others before those of our own.
• Pride: Developing pride and self confidence in others.